Who you gonna call? In this case, it is Ralph Sarchie. Got a ghost climbing up your walls? Call Ralph. Got a demon howling at your kids? Call Ralph.
He’s not a medium, or an Exorcist, but he’s a Demonologist and he’s got stories people. His book, “Beware The Night” is a great scary read for those who want to check it out. Now there’s also a movie out called “Deliver Us From Evil” starring Eric Bana as Ralph.
Not everyone is possessed. And, not everyone needs an exorcism. But, more people need it than you think. Sometimes I think I may need an exorcism during that time of the month + hot weather.
Ralph’s book is full of interesting “aha” moments for me so I wanted to share them.
1. Most demonic possessions take place in the shadow of a church or religious space. Even nearby a cemetery… (goes without saying). This is totally my opinion but I also think demonic posessions gravitate towards drug dens and really smelly gas station bathrooms!!
2. A demonic possession has 4 major stages: manifestation, infestation, oppression and possession. (many people name these differently, but these are the basics). When investigating a demonic scenario, you want to identify which stage you are dealing with. Pretty much any stage is bad, but if you haven’t hit “posession” there may still be a chance!
3. When exorcising a demon from a person, it will usually exit the way it came in based upon the stages mentioned above. For example, if this whole thing came upon your household in a blink of an eye, it will probably leave quickly.
4. There are people who are possessed for YEARS. They can act normal for most of it, but only their family knows the horrible episodes they will have. No, this is not the reason why your Uncle Barry screams at the kids each holiday… that’s called “bipolar” or “mentally unstable”.
5. The reason an exorcist needs the demon to tell him it’s name is because he wants to separate the identity from the person it’s possessing. In addition, the priest/bishop can find out who they are dealing with upon hearing the name. Apparantly there are some common offenders.
6. Some demons can possess multiple people at the same time, even across far distances. Thus proving once again the age old fear that closing the closet door does not keep the bad guys out!
7. In heaven there are apparantly levels of angelic helpers: arch Angels, Seraphim– (general levels of power). There are also levels of demons in hell. You can tell if its a low level or high level demon based upon the activity in your house or around you. High level demons can really move things around and are not stopped by religious relics or holy water.
8. We have a high number of Exorcisms needed these days (it has multiplied over the past few years) but we have not multiplied our Exorcists. The catholic church is not recognizing the growing issue here. Smells like a new job market for college grads!!
9. In many exorcism sessions the exorcist will ask the demon how/why he entered the body. In most cases they entered because the victim was involved with something they shouldn’t. Ouija boards are often mentioned.
10. If you are exorcising a demon and thinking about a loved one at the same time, it is possible that the demonic presence will then connect to that loved one after leaving the possessed body. I guess this can come in handy at times…
11. A demonic presence can move things and attack you. A human ghost spirit usually cannot do this unless they are HIGHLY evolved and have been around a long time. Also a demon will tend to do things in 3′s. They knock three times, things happen at your house (things move or you are touched) around 3am, etc.
12. A demonic presence will usually deceive those they want to possess by posing as a nice ghost for a while. They will even prey upon your needs. You can tell it’s not really a human ghost because normally they don’t show a full human form (example, legs are missing and just a black mist).