Who you gonna call? In this case, it is Ralph Sarchie. Got a ghost climbing up your walls? Call Ralph. Got a demon howling at your kids? Call Ralph.
He’s not a medium, or an Exorcist, but he’s a Demonologist and he’s got stories people. His book, “Beware The Night” is a great scary read for those who want to check it out. Now there’s also a movie out called “Deliver Us From Evil” starring Eric Bana as Ralph.
Not everyone is possessed. And, not everyone needs an exorcism. But, more people need it than you think.
Ralph’s book is full of interesting “aha” moments for me so I wanted to share them.
1. Most demonic possessions take place in the shadow of a church or religious space. Even nearby a cemetery… (goes without saying).
2. A demonic possession has 4 major stages: manifestation, infestation, oppression and possession. (many people name these differently, but these are the basics). When investigating a demonic scenario, you want to identify which stage you are dealing with.
3. When exorcising a demon from a person, it will usually exit the way it came in based upon the stages mentioned above. If it attacked quick, it will probably leave quickly.
4. There are people who are possessed for YEARS. They can act normal for most of it, but only their family knows the horrible episodes they will have.
5. The reason an exorcist needs the demon to tell him it’s name is because he has to separate the identity from the person it’s possessing. In addition, the priest/bishop can find out who they are dealing with.
6. Some demons can possess multiple people at the same time, even across far distances.
7. Just like in heaven with the Arch Angels, Seraphim– (general levels of power) there are also levels of demons. You can tell if its a low level or high level demon based upon the activity in your house or around you. High level demons can really move things around and are not stopped by religious relics or holy water.
8. We have a high number of Exorcisms needed these days (it has multiplied over the past few years) but we have not multiplied our Exorcists. The catholic church is not recognizing the growing issue here. Smells like a new job market for college grads!!
9. In many exorcism sessions the exorcist will ask the demon how/why he entered the body. In most cases they entered because the victim was involved with something they shouldn’t. Ouija boards are often mentioned. Demons also enter thru the chakra systems (heart, lung, head, bottom of your spine).
10. If you are exorcising a demon and thinking about a loved one at the same time, it is possible that the demonic presence will then connect to that loved one after leaving the possessed body. There are many instances where this is the case.
11. A demonic presence can move things and attack you. A human ghost spirit usually cannot do this unless they are HIGHLY evolved and have been around a long time, and even so, they aren’t going to be able to do crazy things. Also, human spirits aren’t going to do things in three’s (a demon’s way to attack God/trinity). So if you have things moving around in your house, are seeing scratches on your body, it’s best you get someone to take a look.
12. A demonic presence will usually deceive those they want to possess by posing as a nice ghost for a while. They will even prey upon your needs. You can tell it’s not really a human ghost because normally they don’t show a full human form (example, legs are missing and just a black mist).